Sunday, November 20, 2005
okay...so if anyone is familiar with this show, you know it's wonderfully entertaining and fun. For those who have never seen it, give it a shot - on BRAVO. Not the usual talk show banter, it's more lecture based. Actors sit with James Lipton and discuss their history and specific keys works of their past acting credits and how they transformed themselves or not into different roles. It's held before a studio audience of students that all ask questions at the end of the segment. What I love the most..., are the questions Lipton asks just before turning the mic over to the crowd. It goes something like this:
1. What is your favorite word? (Bittersweet)
2. What is your least favorite word? (N-word)
3. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? (sincere kindness)
4. What turns you off? (laziness)
5. What is your favorite curse word? (God damn it)
6. What sound or noise do you love? (wind thru pine tops)
7. What sound or noise do you hate? (motorcycles)
8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? (musician)
9. What profession would you not like to do? (anything in a hospital)
10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
Any one care to try their hand? No. 3 is a bit tough but the key is to be as quick with answers as possible...not that 'Hollywood' doesn't practice and recite before hand...that would be fake?! lol.