Instructions from Minta are:
1. Go to Wikipedia.
2. In the Search box, type your birth month and day (but not year).
3. List three events that happened on your birthday.
4. List two important birthdays and one interesting death.
5. One holiday or observance (if any).
September 10 (whew, just dodged a bullet)
1) 1963- 20 African-American students enter public schools in the U.S. state of Alabama.
2) 1972 - The US loses its first international basketball game in a disputed match versus the
Soviet Union at Munich, Germany (3 sec. changed everything-great story and controversy).
3) 1993 - The X-Files premieres on FOX
1) 1934 - Roger Maris, baseball player (d. 19851) - GO YANKEES!
2) 1958 - Dan Castellaneta, American voice actor (watched on the original Tracey Ullman show)
3) 1969 - Jonathon Schaech, American actor (LOVE HIM!)
1897- In the Lattimer Massacre , a sheriff's posse kills more than nineteen unarmed immigrant miners in Pennsylvania.
The Lattimer Massacre was an incident in which a sheriff's posse killed nineteen unarmed immigrant miners and wounded scores more. On 10 September 1897 at the Lattimer mine near Hazelton, PA, men under the authority of the Luzerne Cty sheriff fired on a peaceful labor demonstration made up of mostly POlish, Slovak, and Lithuanian anthracite miners. This incident stands not only as the largest massacre of Central Europeans in the US, but also as a turning point in the American labor movement.
World Suicide Prevention Day
AIDS Day (Africa)