Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Mmmm good weekend...

So we went to Chicago for a week and ate like crazy. Did much walking about as well but I mention eating because...well, that was really good food. Went to Kinzie Chophouse and although I ordered the filet, my hon had the herb chicken and it was by far the most scrumptious dinner ever. I'd certainly make it my mission in life to partake in that again. I did let her have her own dish however I sat eating my good steak whilst still kicking myself for not going for the chicken. WOW!

Also, went to see Wicked!, finally. Another wow here. By far the best musical I've seen and I've been to quite a few. It's my second favorite play; only beaten by Art of Success. Just an enjoyable show with which I will never watch Wiz of Oz the same way ever again. Sorry it took so long to get to it but so very glad we did.

So we checked out Navy Pier, Cloud Gate, all the restaurants required while in Chicago, as well as Miracle Mile which wasn't all that great however we did do some awesome shopping at Guess' clearance rack! Cha!

Did the CSI thing at the Sci and Ind. museum - we solved our crime ;) - also checked out the Shedd Acquarium, River Architecture Tour, Wrigley Field, and this amazing "rally / protest / exhibit" of Eyes Wide Open.
Incredibly powerful - it's overwhelming standing there amongs thousands of boots and then the Iraqi's shoes as well.

Just a really great holiday week/end was had and the weather couldn't have been better. Truly sorry to come home to the temps but it was nice to be home. Especially because the baby, Ella, entered her third heat when we left, timing was right upon the return - we got her and her beau together for a night of passion and at 4 am this morning (oh yea I'm tired) they finally got it right. So...we'll see how they did.

No comments: