Wednesday, October 12, 2005

what a wknd



Took the kids on their first camping trip this past weekend...
If you've never been to Bear Canyon Lake you ought to go. It's spectacular views of the Mogollan Rim and man made lakes. There's a country store for last minute forget me nots and it resides in the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forest which USUALLY doesn't enforce fire restrictions when most other forests are due to their elevation. It's also quite a bit cooler and offers much more private camping. There are dozens upon dozens of campsites in this area of Forest Lakes however you prefer to chill in the wild.

For those you prefer a more social and community scene you can camp in the clearings with many others near the forest provided bathrooms(outhouses). Some of the campsites (w/ a fee) have water. Others are just spaces to move your truck through trees to allow a more desolate feel to the weekend. With the exception of light peering through the trees in the evening, it feels like you're the only one out there. This last weekend provided no spleep as the pup pissed on my sleeping bag so I was forced to jam in with my girlfriend which wasn't so bad except a tremendous thunderstorm of mass proportions came through from 10:30 that night and lasting until just after 4 in the morning.



Cracks of thunder and lightening were beyond any I'd ever experienced and I am truly an experienced camper. This of course sent the little one (8) joining us in our 'room' of the three room tent so there I was huddled facing my girlfriend, Jordan behind her in his bag and the pup laying on my head scared to death. I just laughed my ass off at how it was a most dysfunctional trip. I must say, as a first time experience for them including my GF, they did awesome. It was a very threatening storm and I would have totally expected their nerves to be on higher alert than they were.

All in all my fire was still hot beneath the ashes come morning after and I had the breakfast chill gone in ten minutes as I started our pit back up again. Ahhh, nothing like watching the black wash out of your hair when you FINALLY get to shower after a camping trip. My nails are still recovering but the kids are STILL talking about it and of course...when are we going again!!!

3 comments:

•♥•m•♥• said...

SO I see U got the girlz swappin spit to work....ewwwww! Just kidding.....thats HawwT!!!! Check your email.....i've sent U the coding for some other fun stuff .....Love U...Mean it....M

•♥•m•♥• said...

Im stealin the clock.....btw.....

•♥•m•♥• said...

so...what with the "star code" inside your source?? R U done with it? cause it aint a-workin chica! Let me know......perhaps I can figure it out and get it to do what U are wanting it to do...K? M