Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A declaration long overdue



I talked to you this afternoon; you said you didn't have very much to do
I said I'd be here - so come on over, come on in, come on by baby
Headlights on my front lawn. I guess it didn't take you very long to decide
To come on over, come on in, come inside. There's just something 'bout the way -
The way you talk to me; you give just what I need
Standing at the edge of this cliff, gravity being what it is,
I'm afraid that I might stumble 'cause I've never been this high.
I'm so carried away by this place and the simple beauty of your face.
Then the walls start to crumble and I'm helpless to fight.
I would never try to slow down the wind for it just has to be what it is.
And asking me not to love you is like asking Niagra not to fall.
I can't worry my heart with what if, oh maybe I should just give in
and wrap myself around you and let you take me down.
I’ve tried so not to give in. I’ve said to myself this affair never will go so well.
But why should I try to resist, when baby I know damn well -
Don’t you know you fool, you never can win. Use your mentality, wake up to reality.
But each time I do, just the thought of you makes me stop before I begin;
’Cause I’ve got you under my skin.
These walls keep a secret that only we know.
But how long can they keep it cause we're two lovers who lose control.
If walls could talk they would say "I want you more" they would say,
"Hey, never felt like this before" and that you would always be the one for me.
Just two people making memories too good to tell. If walls had eyes, my...
they would see the love inside; they would see me in your arms in ecstasy.
And with every move they'd know I love you so.
I'll paint my mood in shades of blue, paint my soul to be with you.
I'll sketch your lips in shaded tones. Draw your mouth to my own.
I'll paint a sun to warm your heart and that's the colour of my love.

Starz

No comments: