Monday, September 04, 2006

Melting Pot...YUM!

So my honey and I spent our actual anniversary date at the Etheridge concert and then Thursday eve I took her to The Melting Pot for our dinner. It was a dual celebration, actually. Earlier that day I had rec'd a call from my OB/GYN - I'd had a Cervical Cancer scare last year that I had a surgery for at the beginning of this year. After waiting the obligatory 6-8 months for healing - I went in a couple weeks ago for the follow up and it's gone. They were able to get it all so I'm a-okay and don't have to go back for a year.

I was surprisingly relieved. I say surprisingly because I had NO idea how much it weighed on my mind until I got the call; the one that says my doc has left me a msg. I'd had nose bleeds multiple times the week of the follow up test. Then when I got the call I just felt a wave of panic and nausea. But, my body prevailed - it's all good; hence dual celebration dinner.

Anyway, the main reason of the post was to brag about how unbelievably good dinner was. OMG the shrimp was just crazy delicious. Did the Big Night Out and had this amazing cheddar fondue with beer base, garlic, and spices, etc. Sweetened the deal by opting for the strawberry and almond salad with feta and light infused balsamic vinaigrette; also delish. Did the Coq Au Vin for the main entree and couldn't get enough shrimp or filet mignon and squash. Then to top it off; had hot milk chocolate, caramel, and pecans to dip fresh fruit, brownie and pound cake squares, marshmallow, and CHEESE CAKE - that was it; stuck a fork in me cause I was done and then some.

They are out and about the nation so if you get the chance, do partake. It's pricey but for a special night out; it's far beatin' your local Black Angus. For reference, without alcohol our bill for two was roughly $120 with tip. Would I do it again? Absolutely.

No comments: