Monday, December 31, 2007

G'bye 2007...

So this year, especially near its end, was chuck full of surprises, parties, gatherings, more parties, and a nice closer.

For the first time in 12 years, I am working New Year's Eve. I know...why? 'Cause, per hon, my priorities have changed. LOL. Last year I took NYE off and worked Christmas Eve. Well, I missed the family get together and white elephant cut-throat event (which is a site to be seen) and everyone in general just wasn't having much fun. Not to mention, for some odd reason, I've been sick for the past two New Year's anyway which has put the kabash on whatever plans we'd made. So, this year I mixed it up and celebrated CE with family and the knives did come out during white elephant...including one of the gifts...long story.

Anyway, for the past month I've been attending classes to upgrade my appraisal license status to certified as 1/1/08 requirements get real stringent so I had to complete the education requirements prior to the new year to be grandfathered in. I passed all my tests and made it through the hurdle and just under the wire, whew! Our office closed last week so I am self-employed (for appraisal) and enjoying some free time. I had one inspection last week, quickie, but I'm looking forward to some down time.

Hon has been throwing parties and gatherings for the past few months. We had nearly 100 people at our house a couple weeks ago for the Rainbow Fences 1st Annual Holiday Gathering. We rented an obstacle course blow up thing that the kids couldn't get enough of. Santa came by handing gifts to everyone and we gathered quite a number of presents and needed items for a shelter we sponsered in Goodyear. We had boxes and boxes of things to bring in and it was great fun. The kids had a blast, we met a number of people that had been part of the group that never made it to prev functions that were just wonderful.

I'll post some pics as I get them downloaded. Wow...long post - well considering it's been months with nothing this is quite the catch up, right? Guess my resolution will be to post more often ;p

Enjoy the evening - keep it safe, and have a happy new year!

No comments: