Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bashing Sarah

I've been pretty clear, from the birth of this blog, on what side of the aisle I reside. This year's electoral process or whatever the hell this mess should be called, is really getting on my last nerve.

I do not believe everything said and done is sexist or racist. Has there been exercises in both, absolutely. However, there are moments when both sides have straight up lied or misled the public with their ads, during debates, and at rallys and conferences. It politics. I get that but is it just me or does this seem to be the most juvenile media bashing ever?

Read this on MSN:

"Sarah Palin is taking heat Wednesday for appearing to overstate the role of vice president, saying in a recent interview that she would be "in charge of the Senate" should John McCain win the White House.

The comments came in an interview with Colorado TV station KUSA in response to a third-grader's question, "What does the Vice President do?”

Maria Comella, a spokeswoman for Palin, said the Alaska governor was simply answering the question in a way a third-grader could understand.


WHO CARES?!?!?! You should see the comment page that followed the article. I don't even read them anymore, they are so nasty and foolish. People are baited, even with the simplest of material, and they run a tangent. Why is this woman so hated? Feared, okay - I get that considering her lack of experience and positioning should her ticket be elected. But hated? Hillary rec'd the same conduct.

I'm not connecting any dots here but there is certainly more hostility in this race toward the women candidates over the men - and THAT is straight talk.

No comments: