Monday, November 28, 2005

Copy Cat!

Once again, coming to you LIVE from (http://todaysaddiction.blogspot.com/) ... she has got some really great reading material over there. The whole 'peircing' story is great and hey, been there done that!

Anyway, I digress - here's just a fun little exercise I thought I'd borrow since she was all too kind to share.

What were you doing 10 years ago?

Hmmm... 10 years ago I was working for America West Airlines and the original Coffee Plantation on Mill Avenue in downtown Tempe while attending ASU. I was also struggling getting MY OWN first pup (turning a year that Christmas) potty trained due to my erratic schedule to say the least and working with my then girlfriend on purchasing several many acres back in Pennsylvania (The Poconos) to open a Bed and Breakfast at a resort that was being sold down the street from where I once lived.

5 years ago

Wow! much more difficult, let's see - five years agoooo, I was living in my second house in North Phoenix with my two dogs (yes, she finally learned how to go OUTSIDE) and working for American Express in their Technologies department. At this point, for extra cash, I had taken a side job running pizza for Pizza Hut and was making my then girlfriend (same as the one 10 ago) crazy because we never spent time together. I was gearing up for the holiday and new year and working like a fiend. The B and B gig fell through as the land had been rezoned and was no longer parceled so the investors backed out forcing me to work like a fiend and remain in the hot desert sun of Arizona I like to call a Living Hell!

Five snacks you enjoy:

1. Munchies Classic Mix 2. Ben and Jerry's NY Super Fudge Chunk Ice Cream 3. ANY other kind of ice cream (no mocha types or bannana) 4. Super Tender Beef Jerky, Peppered 5. Milk Duds or Reisens

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:

1. Elton John - Tiny Dancer: everyone has a soundtrack for their life and how each song represents someone they knew or some significant moment...this song is mine and only mine, brings no memory of anyone else or any time - sometimes that's just nice and necessary.

2. Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen: this was my first significant and cognicent purchase of my adolesence. It paved the way of my musical distinction well through out high school and even today.

3. Anita Baker- name it and I know it! ...oh what a night...that one too - oh, can't forget that one, and...

4. Frank Sinatra - Under My Skin : when I met my love that was all I sang for weeks on end; in the car, out of the car, in the hallways at work, or in the shower - it's our song to this day and it brings a smile to our faces whenever we hear it.

5.The Cure - The Kiss: there's not much in the way of lyrics so it's not difficult to recall however it was what I played through out my Senior Year of high school, that and some Donovan. But mostly I really liked the line "Getting you F*CKING voice out of my head" part. Quite angst ridden I was.

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:(Well a million isn't enough, let's pretend like it says several million, OK?) {I'm keeping her disclaimer}

1. My mother is incapacitated and lives in a nursing home(far too young, since she was 41) I would set her up on my (new) ranch w/ a live-in attendent and horses running around outside her cottage so she would have something to look at and make her happy.

2. Give all of my immediate family (which is pretty considerable) a 1/2 million each to do with whatever they wish.

3. Travel abundantly

4. Begin my Auto Collection starting with 67 vette convertible, 2006 Saab 93, and 79 Triumph Spitfire.

5. Buy a house on an island off Seattle coast in Washington state.

Five bad habits:

1. Chewing my nails (yea I'll keep that too)

2. Swearing like a salor ( okay, keeping that as well)

3. Being a control freak although I have made leaps on that one.

4. Speeding, can't even tell you how many times I've been pulled over; lost count after 40

5. Falling asleep anywhere...I can't keep my head from bobbing; it can be embarassing.

Five things you like doing:

1. Playing video games

2. reading

3. Going for long drives; exploring roads to where ever

4. Taking a day to north country; Flagstaff, Jerome, Sedona, or Williams

5. Playing in the snow; sledding, skiing, snow ball fights - so happy right now!!!!

Five things you would never wear again:

1. my satin piano tie from 1984

2. the headband reminiscent of "Physical" (same era)

3. pumps, the heels not the Reeboks

4. earring that coordinate with what I'm wearing

5. Make up - yuck!

Five favorite toys:

1. My computer

2. My Pocket PC

3. My gamecube, PS2, and Gameboys

4. the Fireplace

5. *blush* I can't say...it's a collection! (SOOOO keeping this one)

1 comment:

•♥•m•♥• said...

Only one comment......was it really 5 yrs ago??? OMG...how the time flies.....geez....M