Wednesday, February 13, 2008

20th Anniversary

Wow time flies. I recall my Junior High School year I heard the Renaissance Festival was coming to Arizona. I couldn't believe it. I used to go as a young kid in New York, upstate at Tuxedo Park. It's green with hills and trees. How were they going to pull that off in the desert? We went, I had a great time, and they did a wonderful job.
For anyone in the Phoenix area you can find out more info about the festival here. So we went last week with some friends and had a blast, as usual. The kids had a great time, I think we each had a couple of icee oranges each. They were so good and refreshing and we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. I made pancakes from scratch, we had a nice breakfast and then we crossed town (1 hr + ride) to the festival grounds. We arrived just before noon and left about 06:30 - walked our asses off.

These are some pics from the web site. As soon as I download the camera I'll put them up as well. They did a few things a bit different, even better, I'd say. Twenty years later, it's still a wonderful and worthy afternoon out enjoying the day and the company. One of our friend's daughter, she just turned 5, had never been. She was a wild woman - didn't want to leave. That makes it so much better.

No comments: