Saturday, February 23, 2008

Go Hillary Rodham Clinton!

Nearing a potential sunset (March 05) of a most amazing race, hon emailed me a link from The Women's Media Center which she thought I would find interesting. Boy was she right! To read the entire "article", and it is very much worth the read, go here.

The piece is written by Robin Morgan, who is obviously a feminist but also a political analyst, and an American. She brings very valid points to light. Much like comments I made previously, she points to the satisfaction our right AND left media have at punching fun at the woman candidate. She, so eloquently, discusses how gender bashing is alive and well in public and print in our country however the race-card is not thrown on the table ( although certainly discussed behind closed doors ). It also shows how his "silver tongue" and posture (smile) win him a following of lemmings who only see what they are spoon fed via the media.

I won't ramble on further, only to say - take the time and read the article. It's fast, it's brilliant, it's honest, and it's going to be our history very soon (again!)!
Robin closes with the following, as am I, for obvious reasons.

"Me? I support Hillary Rodham because she’s the best qualified of all candidates running in both parties. I support her because her progressive politics are as strong as her proven ability to withstand what will be a massive right-wing assault in the general election. I support her because she knows how to get us out of Iraq. I support her because she’s refreshingly thoughtful, and I’m bloodied from eight years of a jolly “uniter” with ejaculatory politics. I needn’t agree with her on every point. I agree with the 97 percent of her positions that are identical with Obama’s—and the few where hers are both more practical and to the left of his (like health care). I support her because she’s already smashed the first-lady stereotype and made history as a fine senator, because I believe she will continue to make history not only as the first US woman president, but as a great US president.

As for the “woman thing”?
Me, I’m voting for Hillary not because she’s a woman—but because I am."
ME TOO!

No comments: